In a wide range of applications of power supplies, as a professional power supply for LEDs, most of them require a certain waterproof function, and have high requirements for the level of waterproofing. Regardless of whether the requirements are waterproof, but also the ability to adapt to the ambient temperature and the operating conditions of equipment in severe weather have high requirements.
Waterproof power supply must have certain requirements for its insulation and working temperature. The working temperature of the led waterproof switching power supply is generally -40 -80 ° C (outer surface temperature of the case), the storage temperature is -40 -85 ° C, and the working humidity is 10-90% relative humidity.
LED waterproof switching power supply has great requirements for the working environment and has been widely used in daily life. So, what characteristics does it have?
1. High reliability: Especially the driving power sources like LED street lights are at high altitude, so it leads to inconvenience of maintenance, and the cost is even greater.
2. High efficiency: LED is an energy-saving product, and the efficiency of the driving power supply must be high. For the power supply, the structure placed in the led lamp is very important.
The luminous efficiency of LED will decrease with the increase of LED temperature, so the heat dissipation of LED is especially important. When the efficiency of the power supply is high, the power loss of the power supply becomes smaller, the heat generation in the LED lamp will also be reduced, and the temperature of the lamp will be reduced accordingly, which is beneficial to delaying the light decay of the LED.
3. High power: The power factor is the load requirement of the grid. Generally, there are no mandatory indicators for electrical appliances below 70 watts.
4. Driving mode: one constant voltage source provides multiple constant current sources, and each constant current source supplies power to each LED individually. Its advantage is that the combination is flexible, and the failure of all the LEDs will not affect the normal operation of other LEDs, which will be higher for cost.
The second type is direct constant current power supply, and the LEDs are operated in series or in parallel, but there is a obvious disadvantage that it is poor flexibility.
These two forms coexist for a period of time, and multiple constant current output power supply methods will be better in terms of cost and performance.
5. Surge protection function: LED's ability to resist surge is relatively poor, especially its ability to resist reverse voltage. For example, led lamps installed outdoors, due to the start-up of the grid load and the induction of lightning strikes, various surges can be invaded from the grid system, and some surges can cause damage to LEDs. Therefore, the LED drive power must have the ability to suppress the intrusion of the surge and protect the LED from damage.
6. Protection function: In addition to the normal protection function of the power supply, it is best to add negative feedback of LED temperature to the constant current output to prevent the LED temperature from becoming too high.
7. Protection: The type of the lamp is externally installed, the power supply structure should be waterproof and moisture-proof, and the shell should be resistant to sunlight.
8. The life of the drive power must be adapted to the life of the LED.
9. To meet the requirements of safety regulations and electromagnetic compatibility.
LED waterproof power supply supplies are mostly used to provide driving capabilities for various LED lamps, such as LED spotlights, LED street lights, LED underground lights, LED ceiling lights, and LED panel lights. The biggest feature of the led power supply is that it is waterproof and can be used outdoors. At the same time, it is not afraid of bad weather such as rain, fog and direct sunlight.